Grain Accounting Specialist
ACTIVE FULL TIME
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Grain Accounting Specialist to join our growing team. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, have the ability to multi-task, and problem solve.
- Process grain loads for multiple locations, ensuring accurate applications to contract, timely payments and high level customer satisfaction.
- Apply grain unloads to proper contracts for multiple locations to generate timely payment.
- Review grain settlement documents, process grain checks, and balance contract bookings daily.
- Verify contract confirmations and verify truck freight billings.
- Assist customers with questions or issues related to their deliveries, contracts, applications, and web portal account.
- Scan and unload documents and contracts.
- Ensure that all documentation for every shipment is properly categorized and preserved,
- Utilize electronic documentation storage software
- Assist with reporting requests, customer needs and special projects
- Work extended hours to meet business demands
- Preform other duties as needed or assigned
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- 2 years of bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Experience interacting with internal and external customers
- Proficient with MS Word & Excel
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Grain accounting experience
- Associate’s degree
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
Accounting / Finance